Saturday, September 4, 2010

Week Four .... Painting from our Imagination

After spending three weeks with our image, we were ready to be finished with it. I emphasized that the planning of a painting doesn't usually take 3 weeks! I usually spend anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour on a painting plan....but by breaking down the steps we now could see just how easy it can be. For the last class of the session, we were now ready to have some fun. So I asked everyone to put their reference photo away and paint our scene from our imaginations. I did this as the demo but I ended up making some changes after class. I decided to turn the yellow flowers into daisies! I really enjoyed this session and look forward to the next 4 weeks when we will explore Underpaintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment